J B Leach (1841-1917)
Sir J B Leach
Min-y-don, Beaumaris, Anglesey
| Around 1910 or so, Joseph
Leach began renting (?) a holiday 'retreat' for him and his family on the
island of Anglesey. The house was 'Min-y-don' in the town of Beaumaris.
When there, the family worshipped at the local Presbyterian Church
opposite the Post Office. Later after the death of Joseph (1917), the
family bought the house (1920), and it eventually passed to the son
The house at 4 Townsend has had at least two names during its history: 'Min-y-don' and 'Bodlondeb', but currently (2003), and while the Leaches were there, it has been called 'Min-y-don'.
An early photograph of 'Min-y-don', their house on the front at Beaumaris
A more recent photograph of Min-y-don
|The house is situated at
4 Townsend, on the front at Angelsey.
|Panoramic view from the front of
Min-y-don, across the Menai Strait to mainland Wales (on a grey day in
Webmaster: Eddie Boyes